Moving to a new office can be stressful for any business owner or manager. There’s so much to organize, from packing and unpacking all office belongings to ensuring that everything arrives safely and on time at the new location. But with a little bit of planning and preparation, you can make the whole process smooth.
To help you out, here you will find some packing do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when preparing for your office move.
List Of Things You Should Do
1. Start packing well in advance of the actual move date. That will give you plenty of time to properly pack everything and will help to avoid any last-minute rush.
2. Label all boxes with both the contents and the destination room. That will make unpacking at the new office a lot easier.
3. Disassemble furniture before moving to make it easier to transport.
4. Pack a “survival kit.” A survival kit of essential items that you will need on your first day at the new office, such as a coffee maker, toiletries, and changes of clothes.
5. Create a packing inventory list. That will help you keep track of what needs to be packed and later help with the unpacking process.
6. Hire professional movers. Professional movers are experienced in handling all office equipment and furniture, so you can rest knowing your belongings will be in good hands.
List Of Things You Shouldn’t Do
1. Don’t wait until the last minute. To start packing! Give yourself plenty of time to get everything done.
2. Don’t try to pack everything yourself. Enlist the help of employees, friends, or professional movers to make the process easier.
3. Don’t try to move everything into one trip. Make several shorter trips to avoid overloading your vehicle and damaging your belongings.
4. Don’t pack flammable or hazardous materials. Such as paint or cleaning supplies.
5. Don’t forget to change your address! Notify the post office of your move and update your address on your accounts.
Find The Best Moving Services At Brazos Movers!
When you are ready to move your business, it is essential to find a company that offers reliable and professional moving services. At Brazos Movers, we have years of experience helping businesses relocate. We understand the unique challenges of office moving, and we are dedicated to making the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
We can provide:
- Full-service packing and unpacking.
- Disassembly and reassembly of furniture.
- Loading and unloading of trucks.
Brazos Movers is committed to providing the highest quality of service. We’re fully a licensed and insured moving company, and our team of experienced professionals will work diligently to ensure your move is completed on time and within budget.